- LDAP (i.e. Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) provides a simple way to request and use address data such as phone numbers, email addresses etc. from TEAMBOX using you PIM (= Personal Information Manager, e.g. Outlook, Entourage, Apple contacts, Apple mail, iPhone, …).
- The requested data is not saved on your device and is always requested in real time, which means that an active internet connection is required for access.
- Please note that this is an optional feature that needs to be activated by intevo. Please contact our support for more details.
- TEAMBOX hosted on your own server
- If you’re running TEAMBOX on your own server, please contact your system administrator for more information.
- Apple address book
- Currently only available up until Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
The following sample settings are based on a teambox.ch configuration. Please use your TEAMBOX details for your configuration.
- These settings apply for your server if hosted by intevo (SaaS)
- ‘xxx’ needs to be replaced by your customer short name
Name: any (e.g. “TEAMBOX“)
Server: xxx.teambox.ch (your TEAMBOX URL)
Port: Standard (389)
Search area: o=addressbook,dc=teambox,dc=ch
User name: cn=xxx,dc=people
Password: specific LDAP password, to be communicated by your admin
Steps – Apple Mail
- Go to “System Preferences“ > “Internet Accounts“, scroll down the list to click “Add Other Account“ and select “LDAP account“
- Use the information in the screenshot to fill in the fields accordingly
- The username and password are provided by the network administrator
- After completing the above described steps, Mail automatically uses the configured LDAP account.
Steps – Outlook (Adding a Directory Services (LDAP) Account)
- Go to “Extras“ > “Accounts“
- Click the icon in the bottom-left corner of the window to add a new account and click “Directory Services Account“
- Enter the details for the directory service and click “Add account“
- If required, choose the authentification method after adding the account and/or define the LDAP search options by clicking the option “Advanced“