- how to subscribe to the TEAMBOX.calendar and view calendar events in your personal Mac calendar
- subscribing = one-way communication between TEAMBOX and iCal, changes can only be performed in TEAMBOX
- Select ‘Subscribe’ in ‘Calendar’
- To not transfer certain entries, remove the corresponding check mark for events, activities, holidays and offdays.
- Click the link ‘URL copied to clipboard’
=> the subscription link has been generated and copied to clipboard
- Copy the link and open iCal
- In Mac calendar, go to ‘File’ > ‘New Calendar Subscription’
- Copy and paste the previously generated link in the field ‘Calendar URL’
- Click ‘Subscribe’
- To test the new calendar, create a new event in TEAMBOX
=> The event will be displayed in your Mac calendar
Additional setup parameters
- Name: your calendar’s name in Mac calendar (which will be displayed in the left calendar panel)
- Colour: define your calendar events’ colour
- Location: can be ‘local’ (on your Mac only), ‘iCloud’ (will sync this calendar with your other devices
- Automatic updates: define the intervals for automatic updates
- The link reflects the current TEAMBOX user, which means that you’re subscribing to this user’s events. The combination of letters and numbers at the end of the link make automatic authentification possible.
- Clicking the event will display all relevant details, such as participant, date, time and date, the detailed description and the direct link to the event.
- Subscribing to a calendar is a one-way means of communication. You CANNOT edit an event in Mac calendar (this is only possible in TEAMBOX). However, you will find the direct link in the event details which you can copy and paste into you browser to view and edit the event in TEAMBOX.
Subscribing to a team member’s events
- To subscribe to a team member’s events, click ‘new calendar subscription’
- Copy and paste “your“ URL in the Mac calendar field and change the URL (i.e. replace your short name, e.g. “doba“, by your colleague’s short name).
- The calendar panel will now display your colleague’s calendar.
Subscribing to ALL employees’ holidays
- Simply replace your short name (e.g. “doba“) by “vacation“ and leave the rest of the link as it is.
- The calendar panel will now display all employees’ holidays in one calendar.
Subscribing to public holidays
- To display TEAMBOX’s public holidays in your calendar, go to TEAMBOX > “Subscribe“ > “Public holidays calendar“ to generate a subscription link. To display TEAMBOX’s public holidays in your calendar, select the “URL copied to clipboard” link under “Subscribe”> “Holiday Calendar” * to generate a subscription link for the holidays.
- Then, carry out the previously described steps in Mac calendar (open Mac calendar – new calendar subscription – copy and paste URL – etc.).
- The calendar panel will now display TEAMBOX public holiday calendar.
Lock access to calendar
- Go to TEAMBOX> “Calendar”> “Subscribe” and click on the button “Create new URL”
- The old URL thus loses its validity
- Then set up the new URL in your Mac calendar as described above.